2007; wow, what a year it was. Here i've put together the good, the bad, and the ugly of everything we went through this year, enjoy!
When Miss South Carolina was asked a very simple: "Why are one-fifth of Americans not able to locate the United States on a map?" her answer came out so appaulingly bad that she was the the butt of jokes for days and days, and helped this video to rocket up the YouTube charts for 2007.
The Good: (After driving a car off the roof into a helicopter)
Matt Farrell: "You just killed a helicopter with a car!"
John McClane: "I was out of bullets"
- Die Hard 4.0
The Bad: "Dumbledore is gay" J.K. ROWLING, responding to a Harry Potter fan's question about whether the Hogwarts headmaster ever finds true love
The Ugly: "In Iran, we don't have homosexuals, like in your country." MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD, president of Iran
If you haven't figured this one out, you've probably been living in a hole. People have been talking about this for the past 2 years; yes, its the Apple iPhone. This gadget, however, is totally amazing for the first two hours, and then starts getting annoying with a not-so-great camera, limited ability to transfer files and messages, the obvious network locks, and so on. Can't beat the touch screen for browsing the internet though.
When Apple released the iPod Touch, offering every single feature the iPhone offers (minus phone and crappy camera) with a better screen and twice the memory at half the price, severly bumming out every single person who shelled out their hard-earned cash for an iPhone.
Nope, it wasn't the Bird Flu. It seems everyone on the planet got the Facebook fever, and you can pretty much find anyone you were ever in touch with during your life on there.
Nope, it's not the iPhone, it's actually the Nokia N95 8GB. Same memory, more functions, better camera, no bloody network-locks (and therefore can be used with any operator), WiFi, video, GPS and Navigation and much, much more.
- Paris Hilton going to jail and then released after spending just three days; but after a media uproar, a judge quickly ordered her back into the slammer, which prompted Hilton to cry in court, "It's not right! Mom!"
- After an appaulting twirl down to the lowest point of her career (including a shaved head incident) Britney Spears made the worst possible comeback at the MTV Video Music Awards; bad performance, bad outfit, bad lip-sync, bad dancing, and every entertainment magazine was on her for weeks!
The Good: Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz; after a nearly four-year relationship, the couple finally called it quits and broke up with very little drama
The Bad: Kate Hudson and Owen Wilson; After dating quietly for several months, the couple broke up in May. Hudson quickly moved on, but Wilson on the other hand, was hospitalized in an apparent suicide attempt.
The Ugly: Britney and Lynne Spears; Along with her hair and her dignity, Britney said bye bye to mommy this year.
- The Mortgage Crisis: the bubble finally burst, causing billions of dollars worth of defaults on home loans, bringing many of the biggest mortgage lenders in the US to file for bankruptcy, and affecting the world-wide supply of US Dollars.
- The Saffron Protests: The largest protests in Burma, also known as Myanmar, happened in August as thousands of monks took to the streets to protest against the government. After days of peaceful protesting, the government clamped down violently.
- Pakistan: Dominating much of the news in 2007, Pakistan has seen Musharraf pushed to remove his military uniform, an imposition of emergency rule, the return of exiled Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto, and numerous suicide attempts on the later, which finally succeeded in killing her.
- Israel/Palestine: Amid mounting tension between the Fatah and Hamas who movements, the Hamas militias seized control of Gaza from security forces loyal to Abbas, and now the Palestinian territories are split between a Fatah-run West Bank and a Hamas-run Gaza. The Annapolis Peace Conference in November was the first formal peace summit between Palestine and Israel in seven years, and was attended by most of the important Arab countries such as Saudi Arabia and Syria.
by Amy Winehouse
Hey There Delilah
by Plain White T's
FlyTech Dragonfly: An electronic dragonfly that soars, hovers and glides. The kids will love it, if you can actually bear to give it to them for a while.
Halo 3: Hyped like no other video-game, Halo 3 delivers; The perfect hardcore first-person combat simulator. The game has been refined to give the perfect gaming harmony, with an epic story line and an amazing soundrack.
www.ammaro.com (ha, ha, ha...)
That's all for this year! See you in 2008 everyone, and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! :D
(Stealing is bad, ya hear? If you want to use this for your own site, fwd email, whatever, just put a link back to here, and I won't have to call the cops!)