Thanks (or no thanks) to i*maginate for giving me some homework. I'm not one for this tagging thing but this topic actually seems pretty interesting, so let's see (the original tag was 5 reasons I wish I was 3, but I think 6 years old is a lot more fun, so I took the liberty of changing that) :
1) It was 1987, and Transformers, G I Joe, etc were on TV ALL the time. Not forgetting other classic cartoons like as Adnan wa Lina, Sansheiro, Speed Racer, The Smurfs, Thundercats, Sindbad, etc...
2) You felt absurdly rich if you had 500 fils in your pocket (equivalent of about US$1.5)
3) There was more than one super-power in the world (remember USSR?) and the power balance wasn't in the hand of one country (not that it occupied my mind much when I was 6. All I wanted was another bar of Ulker chocolate, another pack of Sun Top juice, and a few hours infront of the TV watching Sesame Street)
4) Atari video games (the black console with the jostick with a red button) packed a helluva lot more fun than the PS3's and the Nintendo Wii's of today do (although the graphics looked like crap and each pixel was the size of a sugar cube)
5) And even back in the day, I was still gangsta!
If this stuff brings back fond memories, go to the top of the page and click 80's & 90's for a lot more memories of back in the day!
Anyway; i've actually been tagged before by June and Mrs Dynamite, and it was a while back but somehow I got pretty busy and never got it done, so since i'm on the subject, here we go! Favorite smells:
1) Burning leaves in a big field out in the open (ie, in a مزرعة). Just a smell I used to remember from when I was a kid and we used to go to a swimming pool or a big field, back in the days when Bahrain was green all over.
2) Cinabbon. I just can't resist it.
3) CK one. It's been out for over 10 years, but hands down this is still the best perfume EVAR.
4) The smell of a garden on a cold humid morning. Pretty.
5) And here's something different for you. I do NOT like the smell of fish in Geant hypermarket (the fresh fish section).
So there you go!