Burj Dubai's grand opening is TODAY! Construction was initiated in the midst of a financial boom, one that catapulted Dubai from little unknown Arabian city to a global hub known all around the world. Today Dubai (and the rest of the world, infact) are in the middle of the crisis, and many people questioned the building being finished... But here we are, anticipating the grand opening today, 4th of January.. Mabrook Dubai!
Here are some little known facts about the Burj Dubai that you can tell friends:
- Burj Dubai is so high that when you are standing at the top, you can actually see the curvature of the earth's surface
- Burj Dubai is so high, that with the creation of a non-moving entity that far up in the sky, it caused the magnetic fields of the north and south pole to shift a little bit
- It is so high that a person on the top floor and bottom floor are on two different time zones
- Burj Dubai is so high that if you drop your watch from the top, you can take the lift to the bottom and catch it before it reaches the ground
- If you stood on top of the Empire State Building, New York, on a clear day, you can actually see the tip of the Burj Dubai
Okay, so maybe they're not true, but they're still cool to tell people and see the reactions on their faces. Mabrook again Dubai!